One of the many things a bride has to consider is the favors that will adorn the tabletops at her reception. Since party favors are usually marketed to brides, however, most party planners bypass the charming addition that they make for any occasion. Affordably priced and useful, party favors help liven up a gathering, and party planners who want to add a little panache incorporate their various party favor ideas into a celebration to provide guests with a special memento. And regardless of the nature of the gathering, just remember that party favors are no longer solely meant for weddings. Here are some party favor ideas to get you thinking creatively!
- Anniversary: Whether it’s the first or the fiftieth time, celebrating the bonds of marriage is a special affair for both the couple and their family members. Often, anniversary celebrations are thrown secretly for the couple, who have no hand in its planning. Friends and family choose the cake or dessert, the decorations, and invitations; occasionally, they also choose to incorporate party favors into the festivities, which are always a big hit. Anniversary favors, usually a spin-off from wedding favors, herald love in all its forms and are available in a variety of different styles, colors, and shapes; popular party favor ideas include handy wine bottle stoppers, personalized champagne flutes (so everyone can toast the happily married couple!), and always useful barware sets.
- Baby Shower: It’s an exciting, but hectic time when it comes to being a mother, and everyone wants to help out by providing assistance, advice, gifts, and, of course, by throwing a baby shower for the mom-to-be! With trays of delicious finger foods and cute baby gifts, the expectant mother and her friends celebrate the momentous occasion. And the perfect way to decorate each attendee’s spot at the table is with functional baby shower party favors, such as cheese graters, salt and pepper shakers, measuring spoons, and timers – all of which have a fun, festive baby shower theme.
- Birthday Party: Birthday party favors, which make excellent grab bag gifts or table decorations, are perfect no matter how old the ‘birthday girl or boy’ is. For children’s birthdays, selecting age appropriate party favors, such as lip balm, candy in personalized favor tins, and picture frames, is ideal; while, for an older teen’s or adult’s get together, party favor ideas such as candles, ice cream scoops, pens, and bookmarks not only help guests reminisce but are also fully functional.
- Bridal Shower: This get together is one of the bride’s most cherished events; she has time to mingle with her best friends and just kick back and relax. Planning the bridal shower is often relegated to the maid of honor or other close friend, who takes care of all the responsibilities of selecting a theme, sending out invitations, choosing a caterer (or cooking it herself), and decorating the space festively. Providing just an extra touch of personalization, bridal shower party favors are a classy, thoughtful way to help your guests remember the party and thank them for coming. Whatever party favor ideas you choose – from candles and photo albums to monogrammed make-up bags and coasters, your guests will have a stylish memento to remember the festivities long after they end.
- Graduation Party: From high school to college and beyond, the graduate in your life deserves a little recognition for his or her hard work over the years. And what’s the perfect way to celebrate? With a party, of course! From a cook out to a day at the beach, there are just as many party favor ideas to complement whatever theme you choose, including customizable favor tins, memorable photo frames, and stylish, yet feminine koozies to keep those drinks cold all summer long.
- Quinceanera: Celebrating the day when a girl turns fifteen – a rite of passage for many – is an important milestone and one that has been planned for months. Dressed entirely in white, she looks forward to this day, sharing in the festivities with her friends and family members. While planning the big after party, finding a way to thank the guests for their attendance is a necessity! Along with the food and entertainment, decorating the tables with festive party favors for all who showed up is a great way to say thanks. From manicure and pedicure sets for the younger attendees to candles and personalized shot glasses for the older folks, there are many different party favor ideas to show your appreciation.
Keep the Memories Alive
The perfect place setting or little thank you gift for any get together is a party favor! Regardless of whether the event you’re throwing is for yourself or a loved one, favors add a special touch to any affair. Small, customizable, and affordable, favors keep the memories alive long after the party is over.