There are diverse ways of decorating clothing. In the discipline of textiles, dresses can be enhanced generally via printing, dyeing, and batiking. The resist techniques of fabric decoration include things like Wax resist/Batik, Starch/Clay, Konkonte (Cooked cassava dough), Stitching or Tritiking, Wood and nail system, Knotting, Bunching, Binding, chemical resist and quite a few other people. On the other hand, the Wax resist, starch resist, and tie-dyeing are discussed.
• Wax resist/ Batik
Applications and supplies needed:
Fabric, wax, tjantin, brush, stamps, gloves, spoon, dyes and chemical substances, plastic bowls, metallic pans or pots, a source of warmth.
1. Implement molten wax onto the fabric making use of tjantin, brush, stamp etcetera. to resist some areas of the material that are not to obtain dye throughout the dyeing procedure. Other approaches are utilised individually or in mix to this may well include painting, splashing, dropping, sprinkling or stamping procedures to produce intriguing patterns on the floor of the fabric.
2. The fabric is dyed in the very first coloured dye. It is dewaxed, rinsed and dried.
3. The fabric is rewaxed for the dyeing of the 2nd colour to receive the two coloured effect. The rewaxing is accomplished at other portions of the cloth before the dyeing is carried out.
• Starch resist
Resources and components required:
Material, boiled starch, dyes, substances, hand gloves, spoon, brush, bowl, metallic pan or pot, pencil
1. Distribute the cloth on a desk and the styles or layouts are designed on it by the use of a pencil.
2. Boiled starch is applied to the material applying a brush. It is authorized to dry extensively. Dyeing of the very first color is carried out. Throughout dyeing, the un-starched regions receive the dye liquor.
3. Distinctive parts of the material are re-starched and the dyeing of the second colour normally takes place. Dewaxing, rinsing and drying are then carried out.
Resources and products necessary:
Fabrics, dyes, substances, raffia/wire, hand gloves, spoon, bowl, wooden and nails, a supply of heat.
1. The fabric is folded, tied, stitched or bunched etcetera. with raffia or cord. An additional alternate is to spot the material amongst two items of wooden and nailed to resist some places of the fabric from dyeing.
2. Dye the material with the first coloured dye. It is untied, rinsed and dried.
3. The material is then refolded, tied, stitched, or bunched. The fabric is dyed in the second colored dye. It is untied, rinsed and dried.