If you love to celebrate Christmas, there is a good chance that you may be interested in decorating your home for Christmas with your own unique handmade Christmas decorations.
Not only do they save you money, but also bring out your creativity to make some unique Christmas crafts and decorations not found at every corner.
This year one of them can be this homemade Braided Calico Christmas Wreath Craft
- 3 pieces bright calico strips in contrasting colors (red, green, gold): each 4 ½-inch x 44-inches
- 1 Bone ring
- 1 Wire coat hanger
- Polyester stuffing
- Large bright bow
- Sewing machine
- Double each calico strip lengthwise, right sides together.
- Sew 1/4″ seam and turn right side out forming three tubes.
- Stuff each tube firmly with polyester.
- Stitch ends of tubes shut.
- Stitch the three tubes together at one end.
- Braid from stitched end holding tubes flat while braiding.
- Secure the ends together arranging them so that the tube ends are even.
- Join both ends of braids together to form a wreath.
- Sew on a bone ring at back to use as hanger.
- Tie a large bow in front over the stitching where braids are joined.
- Bend a wire coat hanger into a circle leaving the hook on for hanging.
- Tack in place on back of wreath, so to keep the shape of the wreath better.
Making your own homemade Christmas crafts will make you proud of your abilities and envy of your less-talented friends.
Nothing feels better than the Christmas decoration you made with your own hands.
And don’t forget: You can also use this braided Christmas wreath as a unique gift for your family or Special friends which will appreciate you took your time to create your own handmade gift for them.