From official nationwide occasions and cultural celebrations to arts, songs and sporting activities-relevant festivals Nairobi hosts quite a few key festivals.
In Nairobi, the cash metropolis of Kenya and one of the most developed and big towns in not only Kenya but also in Africa, you will be practically confused by the sheer variety of festivals and celebrations that get location below.
Festivals held in Kenya are by and significant not only held to foster sporting competition among different players and to award the very best, but they are also social-cultural activities that convey alongside one another individuals from numerous cultural backgrounds to share and exchange their experiences and tips and lead for the social superior of the modern society.
Sports activities-linked Festivals
Safari Sevens Rugby Match
- An annual competition held in June at the Impala Club positioned in Karen together Nairobi’s Ngong Highway.
- It is an intercontinental rugby match that consists of seven rugby players on each sides.
KCB Safari Rally
- An celebration generally sponsored by Kenya Professional Financial institution and held in April.
- A 700km coronary heart- throbbing motor race that begins and finishes in Nairobi
- Held each individual yr, this event attributes adrenaline-hurrying wheel generate by the roughest probable terrain in the Kenyan bush with the goal of increasing money to the Rhino Arch Charitable Believe in, intended to defend the endangered black rhino in the Aberderes.
Kenya Open Golfing Championship
- A pageant held in April, it provides alongside one another the regional greatest in the activity of golf
Kenya Safari rally
- An once-a-year two-working day occasion held in July, it showcases the most effective persons in navigating Kenyan wild, rough and dusty terrain behind the wheels.
- The race climaxes in Nairobi amid pops of champagnes and cheers from the two motorists and spectators
Nairobi Hood Hockey Competition
- Held in February at the City Park Hockey Stadium, this competition brings teams from diversified Nairobi Neighborhoods this kind of as Eastlands, Parklands, Westlands, Southlands and Ngong Highway, and so on.
Arts and Music-associated Festivals
- A 3-working day festival held in March at the Countrywide Museums, Nairobi.
- Draws artists from East African international locations who exhibit various will work of arts, architectural layouts, paintings and performs, etcetera.
Kenya Audio Festival
- A 10-day event held in August at the Kenyatta International Conference Center.
- It converge musicians from all African international locations in Nairobi, to contend and showcase their musical skills.
North Sea Jazz Festival
- A popular jazz competition globally that brings stellar jazz expertise into the town, held in March.
Kenya Intercontinental Puppetry Competition
- Held in October, the competition exhibits indigenous types of puppet functions,
- An Oct celebration that entails exhibition of area food items, arts, athletics and almost everything and everything Kenyan lifestyle.
Blankets & Wine
- A regular monthly Afro-dependent audio event
- On the 1st Sunday of the thirty day period, audiences obtain in picnic-styled settings at Leisure Gardens in Nairobi and enjoy Afro songs.
- Held in March, it functions a diverse repertoire, from Jazz tunes to fusions of ballet.
Kenya Global Movie Festival
- Held in Oct, the competition hosts diverse African films and movie makers.
Kenya Vogue Week
- Held in June at Nairobi’s Sarit Heart, the function is an expo-model fashion gala.
Kenya Tourism Week
- A one-7 days September party that marks Kenya’s tourism 7 days.
- It delivers an chance for travellers to savor Kenya’s numerous society, wildlife, arts, tunes and food items.
Kenya International Trade Exhibition
- An once-a-year party held in June, it showcases the two domestic and international models.
Sigana Intercontinental Storytelling Pageant
- An yearly celebration held in July, it brings alongside one another proficient tale tellers from throughout the planet.
Concours de Magnificence
- A globe-course motor present exhibiting vintage equipment that is held in September.
Kwani Literary Competition
- Held in August, it entails a assortment of things to do that encompass signings and readings from distinct African authors.